Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Friday 7 September 2012

Jet (Black Amber)


Today, I would like to introduce Jet, a beautiful black gemstone also known as Black Amber. Formed from fossilized wood, Jet is an organic material that can be polished to produce a waxy, velvety luster. Jet was a very popular gemstone material in the nineteenth century valued greatly by the Romans and Greek, and it remains a classic beauty today, due to its beautiful jet black colour that results from carbon content. In the words of Hermann von Helmholtz, "Black is real sensation, even if it is produced by entire absence of light. The sensation of black is distinctly different from the lack of all sensations."
Jet Black Bangle


In the past, it has been said that Jet was used as a talisman for protection from fears and ghosts etc. Today, it is commonly used for easing pain and bringing grief to the surface to be healed. It is an excellent stone to wear if you are looking to take control of your own life, as it helps the wearer attract and channel energy into the chosen direction. Additionally, it has been said that Jet can help with the cleansing of the liver and kidneys, especially when combined with Amber or Sugilite.

I like how having the Jet around me stabilizes my mood, allowing me to take control of my thoughts and action and feel balanced all round. And really, the natural black colour of the stone just makes Jet jewelry so attractive that I can’t help but want to have it around me always, because really, it goes with anything and everything I wear. Oh and did I mention that the Jet is a money-attracting stone? So functional and so beautiful; I guess sometimes you really can have your cake and eat it too!

今天想介绍给大家一个非常漂亮的黑色宝石。名称为黑琥珀,这种宝石是从化石木形成的,有着丝绒光泽。黑琥珀在十九世纪非常被看好,尤其对罗马和希腊来说,是非常流行的宝石材料。至今黑琥珀凭着它那美丽乌黑的颜色而仍然是一个经典之美。

在很久以前,黑琥珀被用为护身符,保护用者不被鬼或恐惧困扰。现在,它通常被用于缓解疼痛和愈合悲痛。如果你正想采取行动控制自己的生活,就应该尝试把黑琥珀带在身上,因为它有助于用者通道精力投入到正确的方向。此外,它也可以帮助洁净肝脏和肾脏。
Jet Black Bangle

有着黑琥珀在身上,我能感觉到心情稳定,也能轻易控制我的思想和行动。这天然黑颜色的石头是我非常喜欢的宝石之一,因为它的颜色使配搭易如反掌。不仅如此,它也是一个能吸引钱的石头。有着那么多的用途,黑琥珀可说真的是一个多功能的宝!

4 comments:

  1. I'm always looking out for your new post! Knowing what's new in your store and how this crystals work brighten up my day! Can also include photos too? Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support!

      Photos will be included soon...:)

      Delete
  2. Yes! i think it would be good to include photos :) I'm Heidi, the staff nurse from SGH who bought a iron pyrite, a packet of citrine, and a packet of green tiny stones from your shop today. I forgot the name of the green stone, may i know what it is called? but i know it is for wealth :) Thanks to your introduction, i am more and more interested in crystal and would like to learn more about them. May i know where i can find more information about them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Heidi,

      The green tiny stone is called Peridot ~ Happy crystal. You can find the article in my older postings.

      There are many websites regarding crystals. One of my favourite is
      http://www.sobrietystones.com/resources/spiritual_healing_b.htm

      Thanks for your support and I will continue to work hard for my blog.

      Cheers
      Carol

      Delete